Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Bangor, Maine

It was June 11th, my 2 girlfriends and I went on a road trip to Bangor, Maine. Neither of us have ever been to the States and felt it was time! Man did we have a crazy, yet fun ass time! We ate, shopped, drank and partied with some pretty interesting people. We arrived on a Friday and drank some beers and chilled at the hotel. We were all just sitting around and drinking when we got some knocks on the door and we peeped through the hole and noticed a group of old biker dudes. lol They were asking for a "Maria" and Winter disguised her voice as Miss Swan and said "There's no Maria here" we laughed so hard we pissed our pants. We decided for some weird reason to let them in and it was one great decision made. They were awesome!! They were actually from Nova Scotia and offered to take us on their bikes! We passed and chose to drink more. One man actually left and came back with freshly picked flowers courtesy of the hotel lawn and 2 40 ouncers of Budweiser. lol I would have to say their ages ranged from late 40's to mid 60's but they had the spirit of 18 year old boys. They made us laugh and shared some life stories...it was truly a wonderful experience meeting them all. So that was Friday...Saturday comes and we head to the malls early...we shopped till we dropped...literally! lol Annette was ready to hit the floor! lol We come back to the hotel and to drink and get ready. The locals told us about the best bar in Maine...it just so happened to be right across the parking lot of our hotel...SWEET!! Not to mention the Irving Gas Station that sold plenty of booze that was behind the hotel...you can't get any convenient then that! So anyways, we drank and head over to Barnaby's. It was a great bar..it had the biggest dance floor i've ever seen and it was jam packed with hotties!! lol So crazy ass Winter met a slew of guys and Annette and I mingled. We drank, and drank some more...it was great. We were walkin back to the hotel and noticed a crew of guys and girls following us...just so happened they are staying at our hotel. Another group of fellas were tagging along from Boston. We got to our room and drank, laughed, chatted and took some crazy ass pics. We got complaint after complaint that we simply ignored until the second wrap on the door came...holy shit it's the State Troopers and they are PISSED!!! They busted in and busted up our party...great!! They flipped and gave us 5 minutes to pack ALL our shit, which mind you, was all OVER the hotel room. Wonderful...3 young girls, drunk as skunks and FAR FAR away from home gettin the boot by 2 state troopers and we have NO where to go. I must say, the cops in the States are pure DICKS with no compassion for anything. They didn't care what happened to us as long as we didn't step foot on the property after we left. We had to put all our stuff in the rental and walk on the interstate to the Irving (we weren't even allowed to walk across the parking lot..they made it clear that if we did we were going to jail...lovely) So we go to the Irving, by then I am sobering up with anger, but Winter and Annette seem to find the whole situation hilarious...which angered me even more. So we go to the Irving and ask the worker and her friend where we can go at 4am. They told us about a local truck stop that's open 24 hours. So we get a cab and head there. We arrive and Winter finds it even more amusing to sing out loud into a ketchup bottle and Annette just laughed to kill herself. Meanwhile I am so pissed off I leave and go for a walk by myself. Thank god I am sober by now..who's gonna take care of the 2 drunk loonatics???? But me of course!! So I try to call Jean-Guy and what a mission that was...try after try after try I finally wake him up only to have him hang up in my ear due to the operator making her introduction to the "collect call". Great! So I try once more and FINALLY I reach him! I chatted with him for a bit and decided it was fine for me to drive. So I get the crew and we get a cab back to the hotel parking lot. Winter is passed out by now. I went back into the hotel to apologize and to see if we left anything in the hotel room. Waste of time...stupid of me to forget how ignorant and un-friendly Americans were. Anyways, so I get changed in the car and start our mission back to Canada. It's 5am, Winter is sleeping on the back seat, Annette is trying to sober up, I am driving with NO sleep and a head full of anger and confusion. Needless to say...we made it back to our great country we call Canada and boy was I glad to be home!! Now it's a month later and all we can do is sit and laugh and look at the remaining pics we do have left. (One of the lovely Boston guys stole one of our cameras..gotta love those Americans!!!!!) On a better note...I would go back in a flash!! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bomber said...

True True Hootie...but we will make some sweet memories after we go camping next weekend...it's gonna be insane!!! WOO HOOT

Wednesday, July 07, 2004 1:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home