Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A year in Review...Reflections of 2006

Wow, all I can say is WOW. It's been ages since I wrote in my blog and now I feel so overwhelmed to do so! lol Gulp....here goes! Well I guess I will reflect on 2006 and just write what I can remember. From August 2005 till March 2006 I was employed with Citizenship & Immigration Canada on a term position and it was the best job of my life. I met some of the best people on earth and some of the looniest whom I would like to forget. lol 2 words, PINK PANTHER. For those I've worked with, they know who I am talking about. We had many laughs, many yummy lunches, lots of great talks and even a few tears (esp March 28th) Fortunately we still remain friends and still have yummy lunches! lol Hopefully we will be back to work again real soon! (fingers crossed) Nothing really exciting happened between January to March except the fact that I joined Weight Watchers and lost 25 pounds!! Woo Hoo, sooo happy!!! So Jean-Guy and I are on the rocks and we actually break up for a while. When I finished work I decided it was time I visited my family in Edmonton so I booked a ticket. During our split, Jean-Guy and I reconcile and he decides he would like to visit Edmonton with me. I departed on June 18th and he wasn't flying out till 10 days later. I had so much fun during my time in the big city. I spent all my time between my brother John's and my sister Aimee's. We had a blast together! We went to Sylvan Lake and did some jet skiing, we ate at the best of restaurants, we drank loads of booze, we shopped till we dropped, we even went to beautiful Banff, Alberta! Banff was amazing, we bought some cowboy hats and strutted downtown, we shopped at Louis Vuitton, we drank (some of us more than others...sorry Ry lol) we even went on a gondola ride up a huge mountain and seen the breathe taking Banff Springs Hotel. My trip lasted 4 weeks and unfortunately during my last day for reasons I choose not to discuss, Jean-Guy and I had a major fight and broke up yet again. Needless to say he flew home alone and I stayed an extra 10 days. Glad I did because I got to see my most favorite band in the whole world..Our Lady Peace. Yep! Aimes, Ryan, Melissa, myself and Chuckie had one of the funnest (i know that's not a word, lol) days ever. We went to Capital Ex!! We rode free rides (pretty girl special rocks! hahaha) we played free games (lovin the special LOL) and we drank tons. We had a blast, despite the spat and the missing persons! lol We topped the night off with the OLP concert and I was within touching distance of my man Raine. Yumm. During my trip however there was a sad time, my best friend's nan who was like a nan to me passed away. I miss her still and think about her often and I know she's up there looking down on us and keeping us safe. Miss you nan! The time had come to head back to the Cape and leaving my friends and family was heartbreaking but I knew it wouldn't be for long. So it's now late July and I am home. I am single. I am also experiencing unknown excruciating stomach pain. So yadda yadda yadda....I met a guy. A guy who I had alot of fun with (get your damn minds out of the gutter you pervs lol) We did alot of fun things together including finding fossils, rock collecting, beach combing, camping and he even spent time with me in the hospital (turns out my stomach pains were gallstones! Ughhh). It's August and I am slowly recovering after major gallbladder surgery but I was excited because my sister Aimee and Ryan are coming to the Cape for a visit!!! I am regretting not spending enough time with them and not showing Ryan the true parts of Cape Breton (next time I won't spend my summer in the hospital!! lol). But nonetheless, we did have some fun together. We drank and partied, they did some camping, and we had a blast at the wildlife park...we even fed the bears! lol Sadly they have to leave and head back to Edmonton. During the time of the final break up of Jean-Guy and I and meeting my new guy friend, I did alot of thinking. The more thinking I did, the more confused I got. lol Kinda funny eh but it's true. I believe that everything happens for a reason and in the end my guy friend and I part our ways. I don't have any regrets, I had a blast and most important I learned alot. During that time I also loose one of my best friends and her bf. Yep, Winter and Rick head West. They drove out and plan on living and working in Edmonton, sad to see them leave but I suppose it's for the better so I support them! Congrats by the way. So it's now September and all I feel like doing is listening to that damn Green Day song "Wake me up When September Ends" lol. During that month I slowly start to talk with Jean-Guy. I felt I didn't want to loose him as a friend cause he really is a good person, he just made bad decisions. So we talk and hang out a little but I made it clear I didn't want anything. I guess your heart and brain don't work together because my brain was telling me to stay away but my heart was keeping me there. Only God knows why we do the things we do sometimes but I went with my heart. Yes we got back together yet again and I sure was surprised. The man who always said he was too "busy", the man who said he never wanted more children or get married, the man who put me last on his list now put me first. All I ever wanted from Jean-Guy was to be appreciated and to be thought of and it was finally happening. I felt wanted, I felt needed and most of all I felt loved. I guess people really can change, sometimes they just need a kick in the butt and some time apart. lol We actually spend some amazing time together including a lavish trip to Toronto for the most spectacular, most beautiful wedding I ever attended in my life. I drank the best wine, ate the best food and partied with the riches. It was an unbelievable trip but it ended way too soon. Things are going surprisingly well and it's now Christmas. Jean-Guy and I make a couple trips to Halifax for shopping and we actually had great times together. For the first time in my life I spent Christmas Eve with a boyfriend. Yep, Jean-Guy stayed here in Sydney for Christmas and it was wonderful. I got so many nice things and loved every minute of the holidays. Spending time with my family is all that matters to me. Also my best girl Winter got the RING! She and Rick got engaged on Christmas Eve!!! Woo Hoo...sooo happy for them!! So it's New Years and my good friend Annette and her man Perry suggest another trip to Hali. I oblige. So myself, Jean-Guy, Perry and Annette head up for New Years. We stayed at the beautiful Lord Nelson hotel and dined at the deloush Steak and Stein while we listened to the entertaining Barber Shop Quartet. lol We drank and got dolled up and headed downtown to see Bruce Gouthro play and at midnight we seen some awesome fireworks. We decided to head back to the hotel for some cheese and booze. lol We snacked and drank and loser me fell asleep. Ughhh I feel so old! lol I promise to stay awake next time! lol So it's now January 16 and I just threw a surprise party for Jean-Guy on the weekend for his birthday. We was so surprised and so happy that he started to cry. He said he never had a birthday party before and that this one was his first. WOW, I had no idea. It was fun! Saturday we ate at the Steel City and did a little gambling...me being the cheapo that I am I only put 5 bucks in the machine and whammo! I win 120 bucks! hahahaha everyone is pissed cause they are shelling out 20 bucks a pop and spend as much as I won. lol So the weekend was great and it's now 1:42 am and I hope I remembered everything that I feel was important to me in 2006. If I forgot anything then let me know! Hope you enjoyed my year as much as I did. Thanks for stopping by....until next time...

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad everything is working out for you Mel. You've seen some rough times but managed to keep positive which is pretty amazing. If J.G is finally putting his priorities in order, I think you guys will be sound as the pound oh yeah hahah And thanks for the congrats on the engagement, we'll expect to see you there by Winters side I'm sure of it!

Peace out from the dopest cap-sniffing, homie-g-funkadelic, red-o-philiac this side of the movie Dancing with Wolves.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 6:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAhah nice closing hun! Hey Mel , sorry I didnt comment right away it just took me 4 days to read all that lol . Im also glad things are working out good for you, you deserve the best. Now get your ass out here to visit.

Love Skin so Soft!! HAHHAAHAHAH

Sunday, January 21, 2007 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Bomber said...

Bahahaha you guys are so retarded, I think that's why we get along so well. Bunch of loonticks! lol Don't worry i'll be coming out again this summer and we will have a blast! Actually If I am not full time with work, I am thinking about heading out there for school. Something to think about! Maybe we can all take a course on Aboriginal Studies and get down to Rick's roots. Actually, our roots too...we just a bunch of red-o-philiacs! (luh that Rick) lol Thanks for the comments guys, sorry it was soooo long but I warned ya's to pack a lunch! ahahaha Peace!

Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Melanie , what a splendid idea. You can live with us...omg omg omg , im soo stoked. I wont count my chickens before they hatch but what a great idea!!

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Bomber said...

Winter, the early worm catches the fish...never forget that. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG im pissing , its not Bert and Ernie mel its Bernie and Ert. lmfao hahhaahah omg im dying

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:11:00 PM  
Blogger Bomber said...

BAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! Winter, what about some Rick's Pizza Burgers? We can stack em high and squish them together and eat about 8 at a time! LMFAO LMFAO

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Bomber said...

Oh and it's Ert and Bernie winter, don't be so stupid! lol

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG..... Sooo Deloushh. We were NOT under the influent of any kind I swear.

OMG Melanie guess what, member the ticket story with the asshole cop the other night ...well he showed up at our door last night at 20 to 12. We were in bed and he is down ringing the flippin doorbell. Apparently he wrote the wrong drivers licence number down and he had to "Re-issue" the 3 tickets again and asked to see ricks licence number...fucker, you imagine!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Bomber said...

Bahahaha OMG Winter, I am sooo sorry for lauging, but it's just to funny not too!! lol What a prick!!!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh i know, he was a tad bit nicer at least lmao

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mellie! Sorry it took so long to comment but I just actually got the time to read your blog...the past few weeks have been hectic with work. ANyways your trip was frickin awesome... You have to promise you will come back this summer. It will be even more fantastic. We can go house boating! How awesome would that be. Im glad jim guy is smartening up(is that a word) You guys are awesome. Come on with some more updates!

PS...how about a loui special?

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger Bomber said...

Omg I would love a Loui Special! lmfao and hell yes I will be up this summer to go Boat Housing lol I will update ASAP!

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come and take a ride on my Boat House!

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home