Tuesday, August 31, 2004

God Love Ingonish!!!

So Jean-Guy takes me away for the weekend for our 2 year aniversary and it was great!!! Friday he gets off work and heads down here with Joel (my parents watched him for the weekend) He gets here kinda late...like 7:00pm and I quickly pack my things and we head out for Ingonish. I called the Hide-Away and book cabin 1 for the night. On the way we stopped at the Lick-A-Treat and get 2 delicious ice-creams, half vanilla half strawberry soft serve...yummm!!! lol So we make our way to Ingonish and stop at Dino's for something to eat...they had nothing but home-made subs that we bought and decided we would warm them over a fire later and eat em up, lol. So we arrive at the campground late, it was 10:15pm and noticed there was about 20 teenagers setting up 10 tents right next to us...great! So we set up shop and try at several attempts to light a fire, but the wood was wet. We decide to head into the woods for some dry stuff and birch bark. FINALLY we had a blazing fire going so we sat around and had a couple beers and talked and laughed....it was nice and peacefull. The teenagers were actually quiet, we never heard them once thank God! So we ended the night at about 2am and went to bed with all the wood buggies....ahhh sick I know, lol. I wake up before Jean-Guy and get ready for the day, I wake him up and get him ready and we were outta there by 10:30am. We head into Ingonish and I asked him to take me on the Ski Cape Smokey chair lift and he obliged. It was fun, we climbed almost 1000 feet up to the top and enjoyed the view. We walked around and took some pics and seen a really cool looking frog, lol. So after that we decide to check out a nearby Whale Watching Tour, Sea Visions. The man told us that on the trip before us they seen whales, dolphins, leather-back sea turtles, 1000 pound sunfish and lots of beautiful bald eagles and other sea-birds. Of course this excited me so much I almost shit my pants. I have never seen a whale, turtle or dolphin in my life and anyone who knows me, knows I love them with all my heart. So Jean-Guy books us a seat on the 73 foot Schooner and our trip is for 1:30. We went and grabbed some really flippin expensive lunch at a nearby hotel called the Castle Rock Inn (we were staying there that night) to kill some time. So it's 1:15 and we head to the boat. All 8 of us board and we sail out to sea. I was so excited I never took my eyes off the water. We were out at sea for 2 and a half hours and guess what I seen? WAVES!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!!!! Nothing but freakin water and waves. Not even a dumb sea-gull. notta, nilch. We paid 60 bucks to see the ocean that I see every single day of my life. Oh well, the boat ride itself was worth it, neither Jean-Guy nor I have ever been on a sail boat before. After that we head back into the big town of Ingonish for some last minute booze and some munchies for later. We get to the hotel and it was beautiful. Ever since I was about 16 years old, I've always wanted to stay at this hotel and finally I get the chance. By this time Jean-Guy isn't feeling too well (I think the boat did him in) so we both grabbed a shower (no, not at the same time you perves! lol) and he decides he's in no mood to drink. Great. Tons of booze and nobody to drink with me (wow, that's a first! lol) So I open one of his Mott's Extra Spicey Clamato Ceasers and I want everone out there in cyber space to listen to me on this one.....DO NOT BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!! I nearly barffed on the first gulp. They are fuckin SICK SICK SICK. And anyone who gets heartburn often...STAY AWAY!!!! LOL So anyways we spent the night watching American Choppers and other car-related shows (cause i love em) We get to bed at about 3am. The next morning I am rearing to go!!! He's sick in bed and I'm super dissapointed. He's always sick. I drag him outta bed and get him dressed and I pack up all our gear and tell him that we are going to Mary Ann Falls, sick or not!!! lol So he feels a bit better and we make it to the falls. Brrrrrrr, it was freezing!!! Last weekend it was piss ass warm, but today it's cold. Oh well, I dive in anyways and he does the same. He loved it. We stayed and swam for a bit and then left to go eat at the ever delicious Sea Gull Restaurant. Yumm Yumm Yumm. He ate probably the sickest thing on the menu...Calamari Rings, for the seafoodly inclined people out there, that means SQUID!!!! Fuckin sick! He tried to get me to eat one and I broke a piece off and like onion rings, I was expecting it to just break easily but no, it's fucking squid i'm talking about and it's like rubber...that alone almost made me puke. So I pop it in my mouth and the texture alone was turning my stomache...I spit it out and ran to the bathroom. Never again. So we eat and head for Sydney, but not without a stop at Sew Inclined again!!! lol I had to show him the 80 dollar hat that Annette was gonna buy...he nearly shit his pants! lol He bought me a shark tooth neclace (the one I wanted from before) and another beautiful beaded ring, that mind you, everyone makes fun of. lol But shag them, we all love em! lol So we head out on the road again and he drops me off at almost 5pm and then he leaves with Joel and heads home. It was fun and I loved spending time with him, I just wish I could have seen a whale!!! lol Untill next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Winter Devoe said...

"ITS FOR THE BIRDS" lmao.nahh I Luhh Jim Guy. Im soo glad you guys got away from all the drama and had a good time. You's deserve it

luhh ya ...byes

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger Bomber said...

Thanks Nia...wish you guys were there though...we could have got an army drunk Saturday night with all the booze we had and nobody to drink it.... :(

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

You guys must of had a great time!! Ya think u would have broken down and bought me the damm hat.........i luv it.........i'm gonna get it...........i will.......it's worth $80 bucks to see the looks i get lmfao

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Bomber said...

LOL I wish you did have that hat...I love it!!!

Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home